Amidst everything that is going on all around us, we have the ability to find Peace. Peace amongst the chaos and the clammer all around us. You will have to look for the good that comes through pain and trouble and realize that understanding just isn’t going to work right now…trust and faith will.
Having Peace calms the whirlwind that is rotating around you like your own personal tornado. I know you know what I am talking about…you are probably feeling it right now, right? All of these events, the news, your worries, your fears, anxiety…all going 1000 mph around you much like a tornado…you take a step and it follows you…rotating so quickly that you can’t even keep up…too many things. Yeah, having Peace turns that whirlwind into a comfortable breeze and a sunny day that warms you and brings a smile to your face despite the shit show going on all around you. Your anxieties are calmed and your mind gets cleared. Peace.
Right now, it is hard to look for good that is coming out of our days, hours….minutes…because of all of the negativity that is being thrusted into our lives.
This is what I have loved:
- Spending very quality time at home…cooking together, playing games, laughing, watching movies…just hanging out on the back patio. Talking.
- Going for very long walks in the neighborhood and in parks.
- Talking on the phone with my family when I am not driving (my family knows what I am talking about!! LOL).
- Quality conversations had over coffee or a glass of wine.
- SLLLLOOOWWWWINNGGG down. This has been a blessing for me. No longer are my days so frantically spent going from place to place. I sure can live without more than I thought I could.
- Appreciating those “little things” and those moments that happen that bring a smile to my face.
- Getting every project done around my house that I have been meaning to do.
- Realizing how dang lucky I am to have a career that I can work from anywhere.
- Getting to spend more time reading and praying in the morning has brought me closer to God.
- The realization of just how many things that I have “learned” to take for granted…when this is all over, I bet a lot of us will have a different perspective on a lot of things.
- Taking the time each day to really stop and find all of those things that I am grateful for. I make it kind of a treasure hunt…and I have been pleasantly surprised at how easy this practice has become.
|Trails behind my house…walking here I stumbled upon these…smiled…and then made one of my own.|