On today’s episode of the 10Gs Podcast (grit, gifts, goodwill, guts, goals, God, glory, growth, gratitude, and being genuine), I’m talking about truth. Specifically, I’m talking about mortgage interest rates. There are a lot of myths about mortgage interest rates. How do you know if you’re getting a good deal or if you are getting ripped off?
I’m going to tell you the truths about mortgage interest rates: what they are and what they are based off, why rates are different with each company, and why it is important to shop around. We’ll also quickly go over what you should look for in an interest rate officer.
My name is Jen Guidry. In addition to talking about my faith, I also teach about credit, budgeting, and all things mortgage as one of the top loan officers in San Antonio, Texas and the United States.
- Hello and Welcome (01:12)
- Mortgage back securities AKA Bonds (01:32)
- Why rates are different from each company (03:50)
- Regulating loan officers and choosing the right loan officer (04:00)
- Overhead (08:00)
- Final words and closing (09:56)