Welcome to the 10Gs Podcast: Guidry’s Guide to grit, gifts, goodwill, guts, gold, God, glory, growth, gratitude, and being genuine. Today we’re talking about goals, growth and grit. I’m going to tell you all about being a strong woman in business.
Today I have a very special guest with me, Rose Hernandez. She is my best friend and is also a woman in business.
My name is Jen Guidry. In addition to talking about my faith, I also teach about credit, budgeting, and all things mortgage as one of the top loan officers in San Antonio, Texas, and the United States.
- Introduction (01:00)
- Who is Rose and what does she do? (01:40)
- What did Rose want to be when she was growing up? (03:35)
- The life of a migrant worker and how did Rose break out? (05:09)
- Rose’s advice for young people who are in less-than-ideal situations (09:27)
- Reaching out and helping others (10:34)
- “What is the best thing about being over 40?” (11:18)
- “If you could go back in time, what would you say to your 13-year-old self?” (13:05)
- “Why is a woman’s tribe (and who she hangs around) so important?” (14:34)
- “How important is it for any person to be brave (especially in business)?” (16:30)
- What advice does Rose have about “failing?” (18:43)
- “Why do women in business find it challenging to be successfully established as leaders?” (21:40)
- Women who dress inappropriately for their job (24:43)
- Advice for young women who want to grow and enhance yourself (27:40)
- Conclusion (30:00)